The following podcasts were created by pre-service English teachers at Grand Valley State University. Each offers an audio trailer for a work of young adult literature.
Audio and Podcasting Resources
YA! Cast, a collection of the best student podcasts produced by my English 311 students, is also available for subscription via iTunes.
- Get the LAME file (You’ll need this to export to .mp3)
- Audacity Software (Podcasting)
- Audacity Manual
- Audacity Wiki
- Audacity Timeshift Tutorial
- Making a loop with Audacity (Jay Ludington’s Podcasting Tips)
- The Book Report, Version 2.0: Podcasting on Young Adult Literature
- Email to Professor Rozema
- High School Students Review YA! Cast
- Podcast Rubric (PDF)
- Sixth Grade Podcasts
- Blue Like Jazz Student Podcast
- Lisa Rozema’s Book Project Assignment (includes podcasting option)
Screencasts and Videos
Here are a few of the videos and screencasts I have created for the English Department and my courses at GVSU.